Fivefold Spiritual Renaissance - A Proposition for Living in the 21st Century
The Four Fields for Cultivating Peace
To uplift the character of humanity, we propose to cultivate:
- Peaceful Mind through being content and having few desires.
- Peaceful Body through diligence and a simple life.
- Peaceful Family through love and respect for each other.
- Peaceful Conduct through peaceful thoughts, words, and actions.
The Four Guidelines for Dealing with Desires
A proposal for calming minds:
- Our needs are few.
- Our desires are many.
- Pursue only what we can and should acquire.
- Never pursue what we can’t and shouldn’t acquire.
The Four Steps for Handling a Problem
A proposal for resolving difficulties in life:
- Face it: Face the problem, do not deny its existence.
- Accept it: Accept the reality; everything happens for a reason.
- Handle it: Take care of things with wisdom, and take care of people with compassion.
- Let it go: Make best efforts to resolve the matter, regardless of its outcome
The Four Practices for Helping Oneself and Others
A proposal for getting along with others:
- Be grateful for favorable and adverse situations that nurture our growth.
- Be thankful for opportunities to offer ourselves to others.
- Be reflective on improving ourselves through meditation, contrition and beginning anew.
- Be inspiring to others through our behavior.
The Four Ways to Cultivate Blessings
A proposal for increasing blessings:
- Recognize our blessings: be content and happy.
- Cherish our blessings: treasure what we have and repay the kindness that we have received.
- Nurture our blessings: share with others and give to those in need.
- Sow the seeds of our blessings: benefit all people with the growth of wisdom and compassion.