DDMBA is committed to contribute to international efforts to create a more equitable and peaceful world. Over the past few years, DDMBA has increased it’s international program activity--- mainly in the areas of peacebuilding, youth leadership development and creating greater environmental awareness. Our organization supports the UN Millenium Development Goals (MDG’s) which are measureable goals to reach by 2015, agreed upon by world leaders during the United Nations Millenium Summit in September 2000.
The eight MDG’s are:
- Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
- Achieve universal primary education
- Promote gender equality and empower women
- Reduce child mortality
- Improve maternal health
- Combat HIV/AIDS, and other diseases
- Ensure environmental sustainability
- Develop a global partnership for development.
For more information on the Millenium Development Goals please visit the MDG website http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals